SERMON APPLICATION QUESTIONS
- Jesus makes it clear that His sovereign word will declare all people in judgment either sheep or goats. Our generation prides itself on its right to determine its own identity and destiny. How does this passage confront the worldview of our day?
- How does this passage help you understand that your present activities have an impact on your future destiny. In other words, what is the relationship between salvation by faith alone and the importance of our work of righteousness?
- Jesus makes an astonishing statement in our passage about His sheep, saying that He is so deeply identified with them that to do something to the least of them is to do it to Him. How is this meant to comfort and encourage you if you are a follower of Christ?
- What are some tangible ways that you as a believer can faithfully show care and love to your Christian brothers and sisters in this local church? How can you show love and care for brothers and sister around the world?
- Verse 46 is a frightening statement for some as Jesus teaches us that hell is a place of eternal punishment. How should we respond to such a teaching?