What We Believe
- There is but one living and true God who exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and co-eternal, yet separate in function.
- Jesus Christ is God’s only begotten Son. He is truly God as well as truly man, possessing all the attributes of deity. He was conceived of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on the cross as the substitute for all who trusted in God prior to the cross and all who would trust in Christ thereafter, was buried and arose bodily from the dead, ascended into Heaven and is now seated at the right hand of the Father making intercession for His people.
- The Holy Spirit is a divine person, is eternal, and possesses all the attributes of deity including intellect, emotion, and will. He is omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent.
- Mankind (in Adam) chose to sin, and so incurred the penalty of physical and spiritual death. He is now hopelessly depraved, sinful, and under condemnation. He can only be saved from eternal judgment, which is separation from God, by God’s grace through the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Salvation is completely of God by grace on the basis of the redemption of Jesus Christ, the merit of His shed blood, and not by human merit or works.
- The establishment of local churches is clearly taught in Scripture. The members of any given local church are instructed to organize and associate themselves together. Jesus Christ is the Head and Lord of the Church; every true Christian church exists to exalt, glorify and magnify Him.
- The two ordinances given to the church to observe regularly are baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- The Lord Jesus will return personally and visibly to the earth to administer the final judgments, and to establish His eternal kingdom.
- For a fuller understanding of our beliefs or contact the church office.