“JESUS AND HIS RELATIONSHIP TO THE LAW” Back to all sermons
SERMON APPLICATION QUESTIONS
- Describe a time when you were either "hungry" or "thirsty" for physical food or water and how this illustrates how we are to pursue righteousness? Also, describe the satisfaction that came when you finally received food or water and how that satisfaction is a good illustration of the satisfaction we receive as we become more and more righteous.
- Explain what the mercy of God means in salvation. Why is failing to be merciful to others a strong indicator that you are not a true disciple of Christ? Similarly, why is showing mercy to others a strong indicator that you are a true disciple of Christ?
- Being pure in heart is the absence of ___________. The twin cousin of what it means to be pure in heart is__________ (Hebrews 12:14). To "see God" embraces at least two things lost by Adam when God banished him from the garden of Eden because of his rebellion both of which will one day be enjoyed again. What are they, and when will this restoration take place?
- List several reasons why the new heaven and new earth to come are superior to the original creation prior to sin entering the world. In particular, as it relates to the redeemed!
- Who is the model peacemaker? How does he make peace between God and man? How does he make peace between man and man?
- As we follow in the steps of the Prince of Peace, list at least 2 ways we are to be peacemakers. (Isa. 52:7; Rom. 10:15) (Heb. 12:14; 1 Pet. 3:11).
- The designation "sons of God" differs slightly from the designation "children of God" in what way?